So you just hosted a summer party and ended up with a lot of leftover burgers. You might find yourself wondering what would be the best way to reheat a burger? Fortunately, reheating a burger is not really that complicated, and you don’t have to be a professional cook just to do it the right way.
Reheating a burger is common, especially in restaurants and burger joints. But some are just so good at it that their customers won’t recognize that the burger was reheated. If you want to know their secret, read on to find out how to reheat burgers without affecting their taste.
Best Way to Reheat a Burger
Before you reheat a burger, whether it’s homemade or store bought, it’s important to bring it to a room temperature level. So after you have taken it out of the freezer, place it on a tabletop and leave it there for a few minutes. But don’t leave it for too long or bacteria and mold might start to develop.
Once the burger reaches the room temperature level, separate the filling, buns, and patty. Don’t separate them while frozen or some fillings will end up sticking in the patties or buns. It’s possible to reheat the entire burger while the fillings are in it but this could make the bun hard while the patty will become very soft. Thus, the best way to reheat hamburger is to separate each component.
The fillings can be re-used after reheating. You can season the vegetables to make them even more flavorful.
Reheat Burger in Microwave
The most common method that people use when reheating a burger is with a microwave. But most of the time, this results in a less than desirable burger. The reason for this is that they just set the microwave in a random button and forget about it.
While using the microwave will not produce the best results, it can still work if you don’t have the luxury of time to spend in your kitchen. But if you want good results, there are steps to follow when it comes to the proper way of reheating the burger in a microwave.
Thing You Need:
- A microwave safe dish
Refer to your microwave’s “Reheat” setting. This is what you should use when reheating the burger.
- Arrange the patties in a dish that’s microwave safe.
- Place the dish in the microwave and heat for up to two minutes. Depending on the patty’s thickness, it might be necessary to flip them over halfway.
- After about two minutes, touch the patty with your bare fingers. If it’s already hot enough to your liking, then you’re done. Otherwise, microwave it again for another 60 seconds.
- Follow the same steps above when reheating in the microwave using the Hamburger Helper.
Reheat Burger in the Oven
The oven is probably the best way to reheat hamburger, which is why experts strongly recommend this method. In fact, burger aficionados have relied on the oven when it comes to reheating any of their leftover patties. It seals the moisture and flavor, so you’ll end up with an irresistible burger despite being reheated. But in order to ensure success, you need to know the proper way to do it.
Thing You Need:
- Baking pan
- Oven rack
Prep your burger to perfection.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the patties directly into the oven’s metal rack. Put a baking pan underneath for the excess fats to drip.
- Cook the patty for about three minutes, depending on the type of oven that you use.
- After about three minutes, arrange the buns on the rack and flip the patties to the other side.
- Cook for another two minutes until the bun produces a golden brown color. You may toss the buns to the oven at this point if you want a toasty texture.
- Garnish with veggies and other fillings of your choice.
How to Reheat Burger on the Grill
Using the grill is another effective way to grill the burger. For this method,
Thing You Need:
- Set the grill to medium heat and arrange the patties above the grill.
- Heat for up to a minute before flipping them over.
- Remove the patties after 30 to 60 seconds.
- Then place the buns on the grills and cook in the same way. This should take around 60 seconds.
How to Reheat Hamburger Patties
If you just need to reheat the patty, follow any of the methods mentioned above. Since you don’t have to reheat the buns, you might as well go for the microwave method since it’s faster and more convenient. But don’t use the microwave to reheat the buns or it will become very hard.
Store Leftover Burger
It’s important for the leftover patty to be refrigerated properly. You can leave it in the refrigerator for three to four days. But if you need to store it for longer, you might as well place it in the freezer. You can leave the patties frozen for up to four months. When reheating the beef patties, make sure that the internal temperature of the meat is at 165 °F.
Clear Your Doubt
What is the best way to reheat a hamburger?
The best way to reheat burgers is to use the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. If you’ve got the oven set to 400°F for reheating the patty, maintain the same temperature. To reheat the buns, wrap them with aluminum foil. Make sure you wrap each bun separately.
Can you reheat cooked beef burgers?
Yes, it’s definitely possible to reheat the cooked beef burger patties. You can use a microwave for this by placing the patties in a microwave dish. Heat the patties in the microwave for up to two minutes.
How do you reheat a whole burger?
If you prefer to reheat the entire burger instead of separating each component, use the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F, then wrap half of the bun with aluminum foil making sure everything is covered up. Place them in the oven to be reheated. This should take up to five minutes.
Also shopped for
Last update on 2019-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API