Traeger is one of the best grill manufacturers in the world. The company has been on the market for over three decades now and it’s widely known by customers that a Traeger grill will never let you down. Their grills are manufactured in Oregon and they were the first to introduce pellet grills. In this traeger renegade elite review, we’re going to look at the elite model. You will know furthermore. Stay tuned and let continue
When Traeger designed and manufactured their pellet grill in 1985, the company was the only one making them. Seeing the demand for their invention, the company took out a patent on the pellet grill which made them a market leader. But, over time, Traeger’s patent expired and other companies started manufacturing the pellet grill along with other types such as propane and electric grills.
Traeger didn’t take this lying down though, as they retaliated by producing other more advanced models as the years went by. The Traeger Renegade Elite grill collection is one of the company’s proudest accomplishments as it comes with cutting-edge features that have placed the company at the forefront of this industry.
- With 380 sq. in. of cooking space, Traeger Renegade grills are perfect for families or anyone that wants to cook for a small group of friends. The great thing about having so much space to work with is that you can cook several types of meat at once without spending a lot of energy.
- This grill comes with a caddy rack which is genius! You can use it to keep all your grilling tools in one place so they’re easy to access during the cooking process.
- Another great feature worth mentioning is the Wire Front Prep rack. This is where you keep your meat while it’s marinating and waiting to get on the grill. It serves as the receiving spot for meat that you’ve just taken out of the tray. You can also use it to serve the meat without transferring it to another clean receptacle.
- This grill requires a very simple and efficient type of fuel: 100% pure hardwood pellets. These are easy to source and will give your meat a very authentic smoked flavor. It’s just not the same with gas, charcoal or electrical grills because they don’t have that wood element. Just make sure you use pure hardwood with no fillers or binding agents for the best results.
- The Elite Digital Controller on this grill is arguably the most convenient feature we’ve ever seen on a grill. That’s because it allows you to “set and forget” the temperature. Plus, the LED display will help you keep track of the cooking progress so make sure the grill’s temperature is within -/+ 20 degrees of your preferred temperature. This makes it ideal for slow cooking, roasting and baking purposes.
- The built-in electronic auto start ignition means you won’t have to deal with messy charcoal chimneys or fire starters. Besides, lighting a grill with a match is so last decade! The Traeger Renegade Elite pellet grill switches on at the flip of a switch and it usually takes on heat fairly quickly.
- If you’re looking for a low-maintenance grill, this is the one for you. Thanks to the non-stick surface, the Traeger Renegade Elite grill is super easy to clean no matter how much grease is on it.
- The great thing about this grill is that it’s super affordable despite its sturdy construction and amazing features.
- Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood just tastes better. Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste.
- Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger renegade Elite pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, Bake, roast, braise, and BBQ food to juicy perfection
- Grilled to perfection every time: integrated digital Elite controller keeps temps within +/- 20 degrees F and makes setting the grill temperature as easy as turning a dial
How Traeger Renegade Elite Works
It’s easy to tell that the Traeger Renegade Elite grill was designed with customer satisfaction in mind. It comes with integrated smart technology that includes an auto auger which keeps delivering pellets into the grill so you won’t have to. The same feature is responsible for keeping the temperature even so you can “set it and forget it.”
We’d be remiss not to mention that the Traeger Renegade Elite is not your ordinary grill. It comes with six different functionalities that include grilling, smoking, baking, braising, roasting and BBQ-ing. The great thing is you can just set the grill to your preferred temperature and let it do the rest while you prepare other dishes.
Traeger Renegade Grill vs. Other Grills
According to Traeger Renegade Elite reviews 2019, this is an unparalleled grill. One can go as far as to say that it’s worlds apart from other barbecue grills and smokers that are available on the market.
- The Traeger leaves its competitors in the dust by combining all your favourite functions in one. You can use it to grill, barbecue, smoke and bake without switching appliances.
- Using a wood pellet grill like this is much safer and reliable compared to propane or charcoal.
- This grill is made from 16-gauge cold rolled steel. This stuff is so durable and long-lasting that it can withstand constant use even in outdoor conditions without letting you down. That’s why it comes with such a long warranty.
- It’s super easy and simple to use.
Why Buy a Traeger Grill?
We understand that buying a grill of this caliber can be a tough decision because it’s a considerable investment. So if you’re still on the fence about purchasing this grill, perhaps these interesting facts will help you decide, as they’re based on Renegade Elite review.
As mentioned, the Trager Elite grill has the coveted “set and forget it” feature. This means you can just set the temperature and the grill will maintain it without requiring any intervention from you. Plus it’s versatile enough for you to use it for more than just grilling. It’s suitable for smoking, baking, braising and roasting as well, which means you can use it to make everything from starters to mains and dessert.
Delicious flavor is a given with the Traeger grill. In addition to designing this remarkable grill, Traeger was thoughtful enough to provide customers with 8 wood pellet flavors that are made from 100% premium hardwood. These include Apple Wood, Cherry, Hickory, Mesquite, and others.
Unlike charcoal and propane grills, Traeger pellet grills are easy to clean and maintain. You won’t have to deal with messy ash or propane residue which makes it safer as well. Since the grill adds the pellets for you, even the temperature maintenance is easy.
When you use a Traeger grill, your food will always stand out at cookouts, family gatherings, and block parties. The digital smart grill technology makes it virtually impossible for you to over or undercook your food. Then there’s the built-in heat shield and convection fan which work together to enable a fuss-free and straightforward process.
Value for Your Money
Based on Traeger Renegade Elite grill review, this is one of the most accessible grills on the market. It offers unbeatable value for money with great features and outstanding performance. Also, keep in mind that you only need one 20-pound bag of pellets at a time, and although a single bag costs less than $20, it’s more efficient than gas and charcoal. The best part is that this grill comes with a 3-year warranty as well as reliable 24/7 customer service.
Traeger Renegade Elite Pellet Grill Customer Reviews
A lot of people claim that this is one of the easiest grills to use. This is mainly due to features like the Digital Controller, EZ drain system, prep rack, and tool rack. When taken together, these elements make for a quick and easy cooking process.
But some users complained about experiencing unexpected temperature fluctuations. This can be disastrous for long and slow smoking. Apparently, the warranty becomes void when you use wood pellets made by other companies. This sucks because there’s no telling if you’ll always have to access Traeger pellets. Plus, the grill could use another storage shelf to create more space on the lower compartment.
Customer Demand for Traeger Grills
Traeger pellet grills have always been a firm favourite since the first time they were released 30 years ago. At first, Traeger manufactured them in limited quantities and one could only buy them in certain parts of the country. For years, Traeger grills were in high demand with the supply barely able to keep up, and this was mainly because of the quality construction and performance of the grill. And who can deny the amazing aroma and flavor of wood-smoked meat?
Nowadays, the company remains one of the top manufacturers of pellet grills despite facing competition from other brands. That’s because Traeger never slacks when it comes to innovation and they keep updating the features and accessories. In fact, Traeger grills are available in different models and price points to suit all types of customers. Some even come with all kinds of cutting-edge gizmos like automatic ignitions and built-in meat probes.
If you’re looking for a versatile grill to complete your outdoor kitchen setup, look no further than the Traeger Renegade Elite grill. This grill comes with everything you’ll ever need to grill, smoke and BBQ meat to perfection. This includes a prep rack, EZ drain, steady temperature control, and a large cooking surface and it stands on sturdy wheels for portability. Check price and reviews on Amazon
Like most appliances, there’s room for improvement on the Traeger Renegade Elite but it’s a good grill for the money. It even comes with an automatic pellet feeder which eliminates the stress of having to constantly feed the auger.
We hope our Renegade Elite grill review will help you make an informed purchasing decision. Happy barbecuing!
Bestseller Grill from Traeger
Last update on 2019-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API