Thanks to the pellet grill, it’s now possible to smoke a sumptuous beef brisket right at the comfort of your own backyard! While eating out might seem like a more convenient option if you’re craving for a brisket, driving to your local restaurant can take a while. Plus, eating out may not be a practical choice in this day and age where the economy is tough. So forget about eating out. Instead, refer to these tips as we show you how to smoke a brisket on a pellet grill.
Tips & Trick How To Smoke a Brisket On a Pellet grill
Use a Good Rub
Remember that the overall taste of your brisket will mainly depend on the seasoning that you use. Most people would prefer to simply season it with salt and pepper. Whatever you use, make sure you generously apply it on both sides of the brisket.
Cut the Fat
If you’re smoking a brisket that is not pre-trimmed, then take the time to trim it off and remove some layers of fat before cooking.
Smoke It Fat Side Down
When it’s time to cook the brisket, make sure you cook it fat side down. According to some experts, this is actually the secret to achieving a perfectly tender and juicy brisket.
Leave the Meat to Rest
Let the brisket rest for about 20 to 30 minutes before you start slicing it. This is to allow the meat to reach its final temperature.
Make Use of a Mop Sauce
Mop sauce refers to that thin sauce that chefs would brush or spray into the brisket about every one hour during the entire process of smoking. Doing so can help to keep the meat from drying out and maintain its juiciness.
How Much Time Does It Take?
- The time it takes to smoke a brisket using a pellet grill will greatly vary. But generally, each pound of the brisket should take around 1 to 1.5 hours. So if you’re cooking 4.5 lb. of brisket, you can expect to spend more than six hours. Also, if you prefer to wrap the brisket with the butcher paper, then this could take more time.
How Long Do You Smoke a Brisket at 225 Degrees?
- You should smoke at 225 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The time varies so just keep this in mind as a guide.
How Do You Smoke a Brisket on a Camp Chef Pellet Grill?
- When smoking a brisket, the best approach is to do it low and slow. Preheat the pellet grill to 250° F and cook the meat until it reaches an internal temperature of 160° F. Take note that the cooking time would vary depending on certain factors so it’s a good idea to closely monitor the meat’s temperature instead of relying on the amount of time that has passed.
What’s great about smoking your brisket with Camp Chef is that it features the Smart Smoke Technology, which makes smoking your meat extremely convenient. With this feature, there’s no longer a need for you to stand right in front of the grill just for your brisket to cook. You simply have to set the wireless thermometer in a way that it will alert you once the desired meat temperature is achieved. With this tool, smoking brisket is definitely much easier.
Pellet Grill from Camp Chef
Do You Flip a Brisket While Smoking?
- It’s recommended to rotate and flip your brisket at least once during the entire cooking time. This is to even out the meat’s exposure to the heat.
Do You Smoke a Brisket Fat Side Up or Down?
- Some people avoid cooking their brisket fat side up since it will make the brisket look unappealing and the fat part of the brisket doesn’t produce a uniform bark unlike the other parts do. However, if you prefer to cook this way, you’d still achieve great results in terms of the taste of the meat. If you’re using a horizontal offset type of smoker where the heat comes from above, then cooking your brisket fat side up is the best option.
Also read how to cook on pellet grill here :
Bestseller related brisket
Last update on 2019-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API