Are you craving for a sumptuous grilled steak for dinner yet there’s no steak house near you? In this case, you may want to consider investing in a reliable pellet grill such as the Grilla Grills! This grill lets you cook a mouthwatering steak right from the comfort of your home so you can satisfy your craving without the need to leave your house! But how to cook steak on pellet grill? Read on to find out.
How to Cook Steak on Pellet Grill
Get the Right Tools
To grill your steak at a professional level, you need to have the right tools to go with your pellet grill with sear box. For instance, you need a thermometer that can accurately check the meat’s internal temperature. There are certain recipes that would require for the meat to be at room temperature. Thus, you need a thermometer to check this.
Another tool that can perfectly go well with your grill is the grill grates. With this tool, searing your meat would be so much easier. It can also help you to achieve the best grilling results. Furthermore, this grate works perfectly with the Grilla Grill.
Preparing Steaks for The Grill
So now that you’ve the right tools to go with your grill, it’s time to start preparing the meat. Remember that the results of your steak will also depend on the quality of the meat that you’re grilling. There are basically 8 beef prime cuts although most would opt for the T-bone, rib eye, strip steak, and sirloin steak. If you’re a big fan of steaks, then you know that rib eye is the king!
Time To Cook Steaks
So now that you’ve got the tools and your meat, it’s time to start grilling steaks. But before you sear, make sure that the meat is free from any moisture. This is to prevent steaming and helps to achieve the best texture possible.
How to Reverse Sear a Steak
Thing You Need:
- 2 Steaks, Cuts of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- Set your grill at 180 degrees. After applying salt and pepper, place the steak in the grill. Make sure you place the meat at an area where most of the smoke would flow, but not in a place that’s exposed directly to heat. For this purpose, place the meat at the top rack of the grill.
- The amount of time to smoke the meat will pretty much depend on how thick it is. It is best to check the temperature of the meat from time to time. Check it 15 minutes after you start grilling and flip the steak for even heating. Then check the meat after every 5 to 10 minutes after that.
- Using your thermometer, check the steak if it has already reached 100 to 110 degrees. If it has, then remove the meat and set the grill’s temperature to 500 degrees. At this point, get your grate but only after heating it for a while. Generously coat your steak with the searing rub and place it on the grate.
- When grilling a solid medium rare steak, the internal temp 130 to 135 degrees. As for medium, it should be at 145 degrees, while medium well should be at 155 degrees.
- When your steak reaches desirable temp take them off and then slice and serve
Clear Your Doubt
What Temperature Do You Cook Steak on Pellet Grill?
- It’s highly recommended to set the pellet grill to 375 degrees when grilling steaks. Preheat it for 15 minutes and make sure that the lid is closed. Then place the steak at the grill and start cooking until the ideal temperature of the steak is achieved.
Can You Sear a Steak on Pellet Grill?
- Yes, definitely! Searing refers to the process of applying extreme heat to the meat’s surface. The main purpose is to seal the meat’s natural flavor and this can be made possible using the pellet grill.
How Do You Cook a T-bone Steak on a Pellet Grill?
- Preheat the grill to 250 degrees F and close the lid. Spice the t-bone with a steak rub and put it in the grill for around 60 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 105-110 degrees F.
What Temperature Do You Cook Steak on Pit Boss?
- The Pit Boss must be preheated at 250 degrees Fahrenheit. When cooking medium rare steaks, it should take around 45 minutes. Once the desired temperature for the meat is achieved, remove the meat from the grill.
Also read how to cook on pellet grill here :
People also shopped for
Last update on 2021-03-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API