A lot of people prefer to have bacon for breakfast. These crisp and flavorful thin strips of meat are truly mouthwatering and can make for a great meal to jumpstart your day. While there are many different ways to cook bacon, not a lot of people consider grilling them. In fact, you can use your pellet grill to cook the most sumptuous bacon for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! If you want to host outdoor parties for friends and family, then you should learn how to cook bacon on a pellet grill.
Anyone who is fond of barbecues and grills should consider investing in a reliable pellet grill. You can use it to cook your favorite meat, and of course, bacon. This is probably the first time you have heard about using a pellet grill to cook bacon, so here’s a guide to help you with the process.
Step-by-Step How to Cook Bacon on a Pellet Grill
Below are the basic steps to follow when using your pellet grill to cook bacon:
- Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions and follow the steps on how to turn the grill on. Put the lid to cover and preheat for up to 10 minutes.
- Use an aluminum foil to hold the bacon slices that you plan to grill. But before placing the bacon slices, let the foil sit on the grill so it becomes hot.
- When the foil is very hot, arrange the slices of bacon in it and close the lid of the grill.
- Inspect the grill after about a few minutes. When the bacon is turning to a brown color, flip each strip.
- When grilling extremely thin bacon slices, flip them a little bit sooner. If you want it to be sweet, add brown sugar to caramelize the bacon.
- After cooking the bacon for a few minutes, check the grill again. If you notice that the bacon strips are already crispy, use a tong to take each of the bacon slices from the grill and transfer them to a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper.
Can You Smoke Sliced Bacon?
– Yes, you can smoke the bacon if you want to. And if you prefer to smoke the bacon, you can do the same things mentioned above, but instead of using the grill, use a smoker instead. Smoke the bacon until its inner temperature reaches 150 degrees. To achieve this temperature, the bacon must be smoked for up to two hours.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Bacon on a Smoker?
– You have to cook the bacon for 20 minutes at a temperature of 375°F.
How Do You Cook Burgers on a Pellet Grill?
– What’s great about having a pellet grill is that it’s very versatile and can be used in cooking just about anything, including burgers! If you’re wondering how you can go about cooking burgers using the Traeger wood pellet smoker, here are some steps to take:
- Add wood pellets to your grill. If you want your burger to be tastier and more flavorful, choose the Hickory wood pellets.
- Set the smoker to 450 degrees to preheat and keep the lid closed.
- Arrange the patties on the grate and cover with the lid. Cook for about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Turn each patty to the other side. Cook for around 8 to 9 minutes more. Take your meat thermometer and check the patty’s temperature. See if it’s already 160 degrees.
- Top the patties with cheese and add your preferred fixings!
Is Bacon Cold or Hot Smoked?
– There are two ways through which you can smoke your bacon – hot smoking or cold smoking. Hot smoking is much faster and the temperature needed for this method is usually higher than cold smoking. For hot smoking, the range of temperature is around 175 to 225 degrees F. However, for cold smoking, the temperature is usually around 100 degrees F. For the best results, set the temperature to 75 degrees when cold smoking.
Also read how to cook on pellet grill here :
Bestseller Related Bacon
|1||Hormel Black Label Fully Cooked Bacon (72 Slices)||Check on Amazon|
|2||City on a Hill: Bill Russell's Bedsheets||Check on Amazon|
|3||Francis Bacon: Revelations||Check on Amazon|
Last update on 2021-05-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API