Do you like hosting backyard barbecues? If so, then you need to invest in a reliable pellet grill. This cooking device will not only help you prepare the most mouthwatering barbecues but it can also be useful in cooking delicious burgers. Cooking burgers on a grill are something that might be new to you so we’ve come up with this how to cook burgers on pellet grill to guide you through.
Thing Should Know How to Cook Burgers on Pellet Grill
Remember that the quality of your meat will make or break your hamburger. This is why it’s extremely important that you choose the ground beef well. Ground chuck is highly recommended due to its tenderness and rich flavor. The meat also has a moist texture, which is perfect for hamburgers.
Season your ground beef well before you form them into patties. If you want juicy and tender patties, it is best to add the salt and pepper just before you toss the patties into the grill. This is to allow for the seasonings to adhere well into the meat before it even dries out. You can add more seasoning depending on the taste that you want to achieve.
Be generous with the patties. But don’t make it too large that your guests will not be comfortable biting on it. Ideally, it should only be slightly bigger than your bun since the meat has a tendency to shrink when cooked. Use your thumb in making indentations in the patties before grilling. This helps to keep the patty in shape and for them to remain flat and not inflate.
Clear Your Doubt
How Long Does It Take to Cook a Hamburger on a Pellet Grill?
– Patties that are about ½ inches thick should be cooked for around 4-8 minutes each side. When flipping the patties, flip only once at the middle. Try not to squish the patty using a spatula because doing so could make the delicious juices spill out.
For rare, the burger must be cooked 2 minutes on each side. Medium rare should be 3 minutes on each side while the medium is 4 minutes. If you want it well done, cook it for 5 minutes.
Related: How Long to Grill Frozen Burgers
How Do You Cook Hamburgers on a Camp Chef Pellet Grill?
– Start by shaping your burgers to about half an inch bigger than the buns. As mentioned, the patty has the tendency to shrink while being cooked. Season both sides of your burger with whatever seasoning that you prefer. If you want the old fashion way, simply season it with salt and pepper, and perhaps a small amount of garlic powder.
How Do You Cook Burgers on Pit Boss Pellet Grill?
If you prefer to cook burgers in a Pit Boss wood pellet grill, then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Start the grill and put it on smoke mode. Leave the lid open until about 3 to 7 minutes. Preheat the grill at 400 °F.
- Prepare your patty in a bowl. Combine the ground chuck, pepper, onion, garlic, salt, and other seasonings. Form them into burger patties.
- Apply a small amount of oil on the grill’s grate. Grill each side of the patties for up to 5 to 8 minutes or until they are cooked according to your preferences.
- When the patties are cooked, remove them from the grill and place them at the bun. Add tomatoes, cheese, and other fixings that you fancy. You can choose to add two smoked hamburgers if you prefer to serve a double burger to some of your burger-loving guests!
Also read how to cook on pellet grill here :
- How to cook brisket
- How to cook bacon
- How To Smoke a Turkey
- Best Way to Reheat a Burger Without Losing Their Taste
People Also Shopepped For
Last update on 2020-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API